Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Self Chosen Post#2-The Connection Between Service and Product

Recently I ordered a clutch from Tory Burch as a gift for someone. I placed my order on the internet, which in itself was a pain point, and then called the helpline to make sure my order went through. I was told that there was no evidence whatsoever of my order, so I placed yet another one over the phone. The next day, I was alerted by my Bank that I had been charged twice by Tory Burch, so I made yet another phone call and asked them to cancel ALL the orders under my name as I was going to take my business elsewhere. They assured me the money would be reversed and the order would be canceled. About 4 days later, I got an e-mail confirming my order that had been placed earlier that morning-while I was sleeping. It had turned out that someone from within the company had gotten hold of my Credit Card information and used it fraudulently. Because Tory Burch is a higher-end company with a good reputation, this appalled me. I had to make several phone calls to my bank and to Tory Burch to get this all sorted out, and these were all pain points that made my experience with the service a bad one. Tory Burch compensated me with complementary clutch,which reflected what their company should be like. This experience made me realize how  a product can effect a service and vice versa. If a product is of good quality and thought of as "high-end", the company's service is expected to meet its product's reputation.

No comments:

Post a Comment